During my second full five day session on the IVIG, I developed some kind of a skin reaction. I could not start my third session until I got a skin biopsy. I did so and it showed that it was caused by a drug reaction. Has this happened to anyone else and if so, what was your doctors decision? I believe that my doctor is perhaps leaning towards having me stop the IVIG all together. This is upsetting to me because I had such a positive result from my two sessions--I can only hope that there is another med that I can tolerate and get the same results! I've heard that some patient's pre-med with an antihistamine to help to prevent an allergic reaction. I am trying to investigate other options and would be grateful to any info you can share with me.
In advance---Thank You!