Quantcast

Living with Polyneuropathy CIDP, GBS, & CMT

Snoring / Fatigue

I go on my cruise in November. My insurance was very expensive because of health issues. Here from you soon. Take care moo.

Hi Deb,

I don't have problems sleeping, I sleep more than most cats. I have been told I snore loud enough to wake the dead and don't remember ever snoring before so maybe the GBS caused it too idk. I noticed a few times when I fall asleep with my wheelchair reclined very steeply I awaken slobbering and sipping air up as if I were trying to breathe after popping my head out a swimming pool. I'm sorry I can't give any advice on this issue but about those cruises. I take them without ever leaving home, dreaming. Very strangely though I am paralyzed in my dreams and can't get up, even if surrounded by flowers kittens and sockmonkeys.

Munchies Sockmonkey said:

Hi Deb,

I don't have problems sleeping, I sleep more than most cats. I have been told I snore loud enough to wake the dead and don't remember ever snoring before so maybe the GBS caused it too idk. I noticed a few times when I fall asleep with my wheelchair reclined very steeply I awaken slobbering and sipping air up as if I were trying to breathe after popping my head out a swimming pool. I'm sorry I can't give any advice on this issue but about those cruises. I take them without ever leaving home, dreaming. Very strangely though I am paralyzed in my dreams and can't get up, even if surrounded by flowers kittens and sockmonkeys.

Whew, that snoring is awful. I too snored but it wasn't the snoring that alarmed me but when I had the sleep study and found that I was having episodes of very low o2, like 28 and 35, etc., and the episodes numbered 50 or 60 every night that I got worried. The technician said that when my o2 level got that low that my body would automatically wake me up so that I didn't die! So I wasn't really getting a good night's sleep even though I thought I was. The C-Pap stopped that, however, so I wear it tevery night and now I really get good REM sleep and my husband sleeps better too. Interesting dreams that you have.

Hi deb. You said you where picking your cpap up, did it work for you. Moo.

Hi guys

Yes Moo, it has a bit. I got my cpap machine and still getting used to it but have used it every night for about 10 days now. It hasnt got rid of all the fatigue as I had hoped (was very wishful thinking) but it has taken the edge off it. I have dropped from an average of 109 times an hour to 6.4 times an hour where my oxygen level drops too low. My husband says I dont snore at all now and occasionally he even has to check I am still there it is so quiet. I also dont move around as much in bed as I am actually getting into a deep sleep. Just like your husband Carole he says he is sleeping better as well.

Munchies even though you say you dont have a sleep problem I would bet should you have a sleep study done it would show low oxygen and maybe even sleep apnea just from the things you describe. I would encourage you to see your doctor and describe your symptoms just like you did here. You say you sleep alot but I dont think it is a restful healing sleep.

Take care all

Give it time, it will help with the fatigue eventually. I cannot sleep now without my cpap, I don't even want to try!

Deb said:

Hi guys

Yes Moo, it has a bit. I got my cpap machine and still getting used to it but have used it every night for about 10 days now. It hasnt got rid of all the fatigue as I had hoped (was very wishful thinking) but it has taken the edge off it. I have dropped from an average of 109 times an hour to 6.4 times an hour where my oxygen level drops too low. My husband says I dont snore at all now and occasionally he even has to check I am still there it is so quiet. I also dont move around as much in bed as I am actually getting into a deep sleep. Just like your husband Carole he says he is sleeping better as well.

Munchies even though you say you dont have a sleep problem I would bet should you have a sleep study done it would show low oxygen and maybe even sleep apnea just from the things you describe. I would encourage you to see your doctor and describe your symptoms just like you did here. You say you sleep alot but I dont think it is a restful healing sleep.

Take care all