Advice about cushion for WC

The biggest barrier to getting Dave out and up for anything longer than 2 hours is his BUTT pain from sitting. We have tried Gel, Roho, heated and nothing works. Thoughts?

Try foam pillow, memory foam , the kind you sleep on. I had the same problem. The foam worked great.

Thanks, I will try to find some. Poor guy is very thin now and even soft things hurt. M

Madonnart,

My butt was like that for awhile. After having been flat in bed (except for therapy) all day for months on end, the process of getting used to sitting up was hard. I could only take it for a little while before asking for help to get back in bed. Fortunately, I was responding to the steroids and cellcept, so as my strength slowly came back, I was able to push the time sitting up.

Best thing for you to do is just encourage him but use moderation. A little while in the chair, then back to bed for a while, then back to the chair. Also, a little bit of reclining can really help. If you're lucky enough to have a wc that reclines, great. Otherwise maybe you can help him into a recliner ???

Jeff said:

Madonnart,

My butt was like that for awhile. After having been flat in bed (except for therapy) all day for months on end, the process of getting used to sitting up was hard. I could only take it for a little while before asking for help to get back in bed. Fortunately, I was responding to the steroids and cellcept, so as my strength slowly came back, I was able to push the time sitting up.

Best thing for you to do is just encourage him but use moderation. A little while in the chair, then back to bed for a while, then back to the chair. Also, a little bit of reclining can really help. If you're lucky enough to have a wc that reclines, great. Otherwise maybe you can help him into a recliner ???