Anyone find magnesium beneficial for relaxing the muscles?

Muscle Function & Disorders

Muscles also need both calcium and magnesium to function. Calcium tenses the muscles; magnesium relaxes the muscles. Close your fist and clench it tight: that is calcium which permits the tensing of the muscle. Now open and relax your fist: that is magnesium which permits the relaxing of the muscle. All muscle action is that of tensing and relaxing and of gradients in between each extreme.

Therefore, tense, tight muscles tell you what? That's right, there is a magnesium deficiency. There is not enough magnesium in the system to cause the tense muscles to relax. Supply the needed magnesium and the muscle will function as it should. It will stay relaxed until it needs to function again.

Muscle spasms, muscle cramps, muscle jerks, muscle tics, eye tics and hiccups are all caused by a magnesium deficiency. Take sufficient water-soluble magnesium and they will disappear. It is not calcium that handles these difficulties, it is magnesium. Calcium is causing the difficulties.

Have you ever known anyone with tense back muscles? Probably their back was continually aching and in pain, because the tense muscles will pull the bones out of place. Handle the magnesium deficiency and the muscles will relax, the bones will go back into place and the pain will disappear.

Please make sure to discuss adding any supplement to meds with your physician. They can also recommend the proper dosage.

BTW, I could only wish that magnesium alone could have made my back pain disappear!

It's all about lifestyle. I found that living with CMT I can greatly improve my life by sleep clean water organic food and the use of magnetics along with working out. I found most of what I needed here at nikken.com It has been over 2 years now and I am still running and waking with out the use of afo foot braces.

Hi Magneto Man!

Wow, this is some great news! I have had magnets used on me, by an acupuncturist and a Chriopractor, but that was several years ago. Did a Physician actually direct you in the use of magnets or is it something that you learned how to use?

There are many food changes that I have made since becoming ill, I started by simply changing my cooking oil to cold pressed, expeller oil. Going organic whenever possible, being very careful with nightshades, and am waiting for my husband to find the juicer in the basement, and try it again. I simply could not digest it, so will this time try straining and diluting it. I will also try taking my digestive enzymes BEFORE drinking the juice!

Thanks for sharing your good news, and thanks for the link.

By the way, I'm a firm believer in the 'whatever works club'! I have learned by personal experience and by my involvement in various BF groups that not everything works for every body! So I'm pretty open minded as far as treatment!

I'm very interested in learning about the magnets!

Wishing you well,

SK

I found this video on 'your page' and will only encourage you to post these on the boards as a discussion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-J2TdQdcoc

This is something I would like my husband to try as he suffers the exact same thing that is focused on in the video!

Thanks a thousand for the info, again, please feel comfortable to post this kind of helpful info on the boards!

Wishing you continued success,

SK

Great info SK...So are is this saying any CMT patients to take magnesium on a daily basis? I will ask my Naturopathic Doctor...I have also done some research on Curcumin...beneficial as a daily supplement. My Naturopath also prescribed Antioxidant Network which contains ALA, NAC, selenium, vitamin E complex, Green tea and Zinc. I haven't been on these long enough to say if it works.

Hi Carm,

Yes, please let us know if any supplements help you!

How do you like your Naturopath? I've never been to one, but have friends who see a Naturopath as well as a Medical Doctor, and find a good balance between the two.

Thanks for responding!

Wishing you well,

SK

SK said:

Hi Carm,

Yes, please let us know if any supplements help you!

How do you like your Naturopath? I've never been to one, but have friends who see a Naturopath as well as a Medical Doctor, and find a good balance between the two.

Thanks for responding!

Wishing you well,

SK

Of course I will ! Love my Naturopath, she has helped me the most when I suffered severe anxiety. We are still working on it though, but it is sooooo much better. I do find a good balance with her and Medical doctors, I have yet to find a very good Neurologist though. But I have to say that I was put on this path of developing the anxiety for a reason, I have become more spiritually based, and love it! In fact, I just finished my 4th day of Oprah & Deepak's 21 day Meditation experience. It is truly amazing. I vowed to myself that I would not take any medication for the anxiety, tried it, was awful! It may not cure the CMT but its the frame of mind that you are in, calm, knowing that the universe will take care of everything really helps. Not sure of others who have CMT, but when I get nervous or agitated, the CMT flares up and feels worse, so I am trying to stay calm at all times.

Namaste

Morning Carm,

Now that is just not something that would come to mind, at least not mine, that a Naturopath would be helpful with, but why not? Surely their solutions would be a totally different approach to the anxiety!

My biggest time of anxiety was before any of the Doctors had any idea of what was wrong with me, why I couldn't get over that last car accident. I was running around on the 'fix me' trip, still trying to work a face paced, high stress job, and one day in my Chiropractor's office, I just 'fell apart'! He referred me to a PhD Psychologist. She's a gal about my age, a Mom, a Grandmom, and we hit it off right away .

Her practice promoted resilience, no drugs involved, it was about how you thought about things, how you handled things. Now I don't have it all figured out, but those two years of talking to her, did me nothing but good!

I like the new OWN shows, and Super Soul Sundays would be my favorites! This is O's best stuff, and of course, Deepak is a big part of this! Maya Angelou would be my absolute favorite, how amazing is she?