Applying for Disability

I am in the process of filling out forms for my disability application. All I hear is be prepared for denial the first attempt. Why is this? If they review the medical records, acknowledge the Doctor's recommendation, "completely" read the forms I have labored over, why is it a given I will be denied? Is there a secret to be accepted the first time? I swear I wish I had someone from the governmental maze that could join me in this process to witness how emotionally and physically torturous this is. If anyone has any suggestions please share them with me. Peace

ok, my experience was to be denied the first time and the second time. the third time I had a lawyer fighting for me infront of the judge. and withing 5 minutes of pleading my case, the judge o.k,d full disability. That was in 2003. My understanding is the first time they deny you as the normal procedure, the second time, they want to make sure you need it. and if you appear with a lawyer to fight for it you must really be in need of this disability and not just a person who is trying to fake a disability so they can get govn'tment help. Unfortunately, the persons I am talking about who went before us ruined the chances of a really disabled person getting the benefits they so desperately need. It is what it is and you need to fight for what you deserve. Hope this is helpful. if you need someone to talk too or anything you can reach me at ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ or my blog at http:goldengirl55mylifeisasoapoperablogspot.com