I'm tired! Battling Insurance companys, doctors offices, Infusion centers and this disease is exhausting.
I do not know what to do. The short of it all: finally got the approval from my insurance to go ahead with the IVig. Met with the infusion center and they want $5000. (my yearly max out of pocket through my policy) for my first 3 months of treatment. Then in January I will have to pay another $5000 as that begins a new calender year on my policy. That is $10,000 for 6 loading doses. I payed $ 150. in copays for a week of treatment of Ivig in 2008 as a comparison. Same insurance company.
My plight: Obviously,$10000 is major obstacle to my finances. In my search to see what my options are I found out that I have a pharmacy plan that is part of my total Healthcare package. Through that Pharmacy plan I can order the IVIg for less than $300 per month for the 170 grams I am rx'ed .
The rub: finding a infusion center or Home care service that will accept another Pharmacy providing the IVig. My approved Infusion center will not, as they informed me that they are dispensing pharmacy and will only use drugs that are purchased through them.
I also have found out that the if I purchase the IVig through the pharmacy program, that it has a separate approval process, so I will need another approval. To have it infused I would have to go through Medical side of my policy, and that would require its own separate approval process.
My Dx office is like just pay, you do not want to go through the waiting time for the approvals ( in reality it is more of she does not want to have to do all of the administrative work that this will require, shes not the one having to come up with $10,000)
I have requested a case worker through my company's benefits manager. I am waiting to here back as she did not have answers when I spoke with her as to how to proceed.
I think I need a benefits coordinator to navigate all of this, it is way over my head.
Meanwhile the clock ticks and my condition suffers.
Any one have any suggestions?