CT Question

I haven't had a proper diagnoses as of 1994. It is for sure a neurological disease. First the experts called it CT disease, then they called it Periphal Neuropathy. They are so close in the nature. Is there somewhere I can get a proper diagnoses in Northern Calif? I have all the symptoms, so I chose this venue

Is there a device that helps you walk better such as a ankle brace?

What is "CT" disease? Where are you in Northern California? I highly suggest going to the Neurology clinic at Stanford University in Palo Alto. The Dr. (Dr. Day) that heads up that clinic is one of the foremost authorities on CMT (next to Dr. Shy at Wayne State) in the nation. Even if you do not have CMT, they can diagnose and treat many neurological conditions.

I wear Ankle-Foot Orthotics to walk better. They are exceptional and save a lot of energy walking!

Hi Chad. Thank you for your reply.

I have all the symptoms of CT. and PN. My father was diagnosed with CT but my lab test ruled it out. There are many types of testing. I haven't done all of them yet. At the time certain scans not available.

The head neurologist at SF university told me, You can find out which one it is, but why? There is no cure. That is why I came on here to find out if there has been anything new since 2012. .

I just ordered my first ankle brace for my drop foot. I live 2 hours North of Santa Rosa. (San Francisco)

chad said:

What is "CT" disease? Where are you in Northern California? I highly suggest going to the Neurology clinic at Stanford University in Palo Alto. The Dr. (Dr. Day) that heads up that clinic is one of the foremost authorities on CMT (next to Dr. Shy at Wayne State) in the nation. Even if you do not have CMT, they can diagnose and treat many neurological conditions.

I wear Ankle-Foot Orthotics to walk better. They are exceptional and save a lot of energy walking!