Do you ever feel like your new profession is as a patient?

Yes, there are derogatory definitions to 'professional patient' or 'career patient', but there comes a point with all of the different doctor and test appointments that you feel like it's your new position in the world! Seems we have to be constantly watched and monitored for everything, and we have to keep an eye on them and keep up with the new info on our diseases. It seems to be a full time job to me, how about you?

Dear SK :

How on earth did you ever know ? Every time I call her office to let her know that I'm in terible pain, I feel like I'm a professional patient. I hate to be whiner, but it seems like every wek i'm calling the doctor to let her know about my condition. You're right!!! if we don't watch out for them, they are not doing their jobs.

Jayme

Absolutely ! Since my open heart four bypasses I am there even more.i think every week I end up at a doctor,pharmacy or lab. Very tiring.bella is an ESA dog,so she goes everywhere with me. This morning at the cardiologist during my EKG she jumped into the nearby chair,placed her front paws on the arm and then placed a paw on my hand! She stayed that way through the procedure. The technician was in awe. I wished I would have had a camera. So sweet. So glad I have her for emotional support.

I hope she is at least treating your pain, Jayme! Seems crazy that you need to keep calling though! I guess it's difficult to get something effective enough to take on those monster diseases!

I'm getting quite an education of muscle diseases!

Karen, seems you have a wonderfully supportive companion, and I'm glad! You have really been through the mill with the heart issues! Hope they have corrected everything as best they could!

Sometimes I feel as though all of my time out of the house and every extra nickel goes to medical stuff, after a while some of it just has to wait! I do feel that some of these appointments are unnecessary for us, but if you don't book in advance, you never get in!

what a wonderful companion you have Karen!
Karen said:

Absolutely ! Since my open heart four bypasses I am there even more.i think every week I end up at a doctor,pharmacy or lab. Very tiring.bella is an ESA dog,so she goes everywhere with me. This morning at the cardiologist during my EKG she jumped into the nearby chair,placed her front paws on the arm and then placed a paw on my hand! She stayed that way through the procedure. The technician was in awe. I wished I would have had a camera. So sweet. So glad I have her for emotional support.