Does anyone suffer from tendonitis, if so, what helps?

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/tendonitis

I have suffered from it since I guess about the 5th grade. I am now 58 yrs old. I wish something worked... lots of promises out there... but nothing works. I bit of ibuprofen can sometimes help (eases the swelling) or you might try some of the NSAIDs... none of the snake potion cures have worked for me.
Staying slim, I am told, helps....reducing weight on the joints affected. I'm about 10 lbs over weight right now... but, must admit that when I was 25 lbs over weight, it hurt more.

Oh, I tried a steroid regimen. For the short term (Like a week or two) it helped a LOT. But... steroids scare me..

Hi Gerald,

It's nice to hear from you! Thanks for the info, I know steroids and I don't get along well, and with already having thin bones, it's just not a good idea! Yes, sometimes the NSAIDS help, sometimes they don't, same with muscle relaxants!

My Chiropractor explained that with illness and injury, the tendons shrink, become taught, and pull on bones and joints!

Weather always seems to play a big part in how I'm feeling, and so does overdoing it! Speaking of that I have a week of that to come, getting ready to have a birthday party for my mom next Sunday with cleaning up porches and outdoor furniture on the list besides the regular work!

I'm also trying to complete switching the summer and winter clothes out, which involves carrying it upstairs! Thankfully most is already done! This is a big problem with older, smaller homes, no closet room! Oh well, there's always something we wish we had more of! ha! Couldn't we write a list for that!

Hope you are as well as can be,

SK

Yes, the tendons sure do shrink! My toes look ridiculous now haha... My kids tease me. I've noticed that much of the time my elbows are pulling my fore-arms up... (My kids tease me about that, too...Say I look like I'm imitating Cher :)

I do gentle stretching yoga style motions... that seems to help a little.

I'm pretty sure that this will be the first yer I won't be able to do any gardening... can't get down onto the ground. That sorta bums me. I'll probably just have one of my sons put waist-level planters on the deck and grow some herbs and flowers and such... leave the actual garden to those guys.

Stay well!! And keep sense of humor

My husband built us some raised beds, so there is much less bending. He does most of that work. He built a little greenhouse behind the garage where he starts seedlings. It keeps him off the streets! ha!

Might as well laugh! My grand kids tease me sometimes about the way I limp around!

My middle son has severe CMT symptoms. REALLY severe. (Sometime, if you like, I'll tell you what that poor young man has been through... but that is another conversation)
But, like so many of us, he is exceptionally brilliant. A computer guy. He owns a big, beautiful house. His plan is to build a climate controlled green house (Apparently, there is no point in building anything if he can't somehow involve a computer LOL)... with tables... so we can grow things all year. He wants to make one little portion of it exclusively for orchids... to sell.

I knew a guy with CMT years ago. He traveled by wheel chair. Worked for NASA as an engineer for a long time. He would actually crawl in the dirt to garden every year.

Being as you are a moderator .... and the most active of them... would you consider starting thread on funny CMT stories... we all have them, I'm sure.

Actually, Gerard, it would be terrific if you started a thread. It's nicer when the discussions are not all moderators, all the time. Go ahead -- put up a discussion. I think it's a terrific idea.!

Gerard F. Byrnes said:

Being as you are a moderator .... and the most active of them... would you consider starting thread on funny CMT stories... we all have them, I'm sure.

Those are great inspirational stories, Gerard. Your son sounds like a wonderful person.

Gerard F. Byrnes said:

My middle son has severe CMT symptoms. REALLY severe. (Sometime, if you like, I'll tell you what that poor young man has been through... but that is another conversation)
But, like so many of us, he is exceptionally brilliant. A computer guy. He owns a big, beautiful house. His plan is to build a climate controlled green house (Apparently, there is no point in building anything if he can't somehow involve a computer LOL)... with tables... so we can grow things all year. He wants to make one little portion of it exclusively for orchids... to sell.

I knew a guy with CMT years ago. He traveled by wheel chair. Worked for NASA as an engineer for a long time. He would actually crawl in the dirt to garden every year.

Sounds like you have an exceptional son, Gerald!

Hi! There was a period when all my palmar tendons and tendon sheets inflamated and all 10 sheets were operated.

Dorsal side tendons made the same but cortison injection was enough for them.

Glad the injections helped you! It's always a relief to find a solution!