DOUSE this guy!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mat-gleason/is-the-als-ice-bucket-cha_b_5690381.html?utm_hp_ref=arts&ir=Arts

Mat Gleason's world view is askew.

The ALS bucket challenge is a real thing bringing real dollars to investigations to people wold-wide who have defective upper and lower neurons... lower neuron dysfunctions is what we all suffer from here, so any advances in ALS might trickle over to CIDP investigations...

,,,unless A-hole art critic's reviews that see only the social-media nonsense, the arty-farty veneer painted over a serious social and medical cause that becomes distorted, bandied about by idiots, lost in too much useless abstract probings.

Nevertheless, if Robin Williams only had CIDP...

I see your point, Estaban. Too bad Mat Gleason didn't quite see the point of the ice bucket challenge. I don't think most of us here see the raising of millions of dollars for ALS as something to dissect for its artistic value. If we don't douse Gleason, perhaps we should bronze him and put him in a museum? We can see what type of art he makes.

His art is critique and review writing. I've written over 3k reviews and it's easy to lose sight of the theme. What upsets me with his comments is his complete lack of empathy or even recognition for people with ALS. CIDP, if left untreated, can go towards the ALS disabilities and even death.

When I relapse I call my CIDP ALS-lite, in jest, hoping that my caregivers, who've heard nothing of CIDP get the parameters we all live with 24/7/365, with CIDP.

dancermom said:

I see your point, Estaban. Too bad Mat Gleason didn't quite see the point of the ice bucket challenge. I don't think most of us here see the raising of millions of dollars for ALS as something to dissect for its artistic value. If we don't douse Gleason, perhaps we should bronze him and put him in a museum? We can see what type of art he makes.