GBS and Cardio Catheterization

My cardiologist wants to do a heart catheterization. I am apprehensive as so many people have a reaction to the radioactive dye that is sent into the heart/bloodstream. My GBS is a year old and I still have a lot of issues especially below the knees and wrists. The cardiologist initially was convinced the viral infection had gotten into the heart muscle. Now he 's convinced I had a silent heart attack.

Does anyone have a comment regarding having this procedure done and could I have a reaction that would trigger the GBS all over again? Also, I had two CAT scans and forty or more x-rays in the past year. That give me concern about adding the radioactive dye to my system

hi, i have a very similar thing, with my Guillain Barre. The very first sign i had was this terrible pounding heart which was absolutely horrible. it never left for the entire 10 months and is still there but slightly but is getting better all the time. it worked in conjunction with the pain. as the pain came on, the heart pounded more and more and the arms burned like crazy. I went to a cardiologist and he said my heart was 100% perfect. Apparently it is the nerve conduction system which runs parallel to the heart. Did you have this pounding heart as well? You should check out very carefully first, whether it is your heart or what i have suggested. The radio active dye has no effect on the body.regards and get well soon. Jacqui

Thanks Jacqui,

Yes, I have the pounding heart but without pain. I have other symptoms i.e., itchy head, numbing in wrists and feet.

I had an EKG(echo cardiogram) done and I was told I am in the same league as former VP Dick Cheney.The concern I have with the dye is tied to the quantity of x-rays and cat scans.

Thanks again for your reply.

Jacqui said:

hi, i have a very similar thing, with my Guillain Barre. The very first sign i had was this terrible pounding heart which was absolutely horrible. it never left for the entire 10 months and is still there but slightly but is getting better all the time. it worked in conjunction with the pain. as the pain came on, the heart pounded more and more and the arms burned like crazy. I went to a cardiologist and he said my heart was 100% perfect. Apparently it is the nerve conduction system which runs parallel to the heart. Did you have this pounding heart as well? You should check out very carefully first, whether it is your heart or what i have suggested. The radio active dye has no effect on the body.regards and get well soon. Jacqui

Have you tried homeopathy? I am loads better since taking, Lachesis, Spigelia and hypericum. Think about it! The heart pounding is very mild to almost nothing now. Arms are better and peripheral nerve pain almost gone. Still have complete weakness in my left leg but that will strengthen in time. Do hope you have a speedy recovery. This GBS sucks hey!! Regards, Jacqui

Haven't tried homeopathy but I will now that you recommend it.

The best to you. Pete

Jacqui said:

Have you tried homeopathy? I am loads better since taking, Lachesis, Spigelia and hypericum. Think about it! The heart pounding is very mild to almost nothing now. Arms are better and peripheral nerve pain almost gone. Still have complete weakness in my left leg but that will strengthen in time. Do hope you have a speedy recovery. This GBS sucks hey!! Regards, Jacqui

It’s ok, doesn’t worry they are just doing their jobs and actually trying to help and find out what’s wrong with u