How old are you?

I just want to know how old were you when yours cidp simptoms has started ?

19 years old. Even with the severity of my symptoms, the thing that bothers me the most is when people say, "you're too young to be this ill!" It doesn't make a difference and I always get annoyed thinking, "If that were the case then I wouldn't have a chronic illness, but I do because there is no 'too young'!"

I know it comes from a good place, but it's still irksome.

Yea, I think the same. I live in Croatia and my daughter is the youngest patient in city of Split. They didn t have so young patient with CIDIP. GBS is very often in that age but not cidp. …

Did you have a problem with doctors saying it's GBS even when it's clearly CIDP? Being a young adult, it seems like some doctors think I can't have CIDP because it's so uncommon in younger people.

Doda said:

Yea, I think the same. I live in Croatia and my daughter is the youngest patient in city of Split. They didn t have so young patient with CIDIP. GBS is very often in that age but not cidp. ..

I am 51 I would not wish this on anyone. I especially do find it tuff to hear it is effecting someone young .

Mine started in July of 2013 I had just turned 60,Up tipl that point i was never sick a day in my life,never in a hospital.

I started getting symptoms at age 53. I had been ill with flu-like symptoms several times right before I experienced the initial signs of CIDP. As a child, I had measles several times, and in high school I had strep and sinus infections several times. As a young adult, I found out I have a severe allergy to millet, which is a very rare allergy. As a middle-aged adult, I had severe migraines. All this tells my neurologist that my immune system was messed up from early childhood. Plus I have had a lot of stress my whole life . However, I always have exercised and eaten well, and not smoked.

I’m 37. I’ve had CIDP for 15 years…

Interesting, Struggling! My daughter has also some allergy, and her symptoms started after schools stres, .

Wow, Greg. How young you were/are!

Greg said:

I'm 37. I've had CIDP for 15 years..............

Doda, yes, it's all related, I feel. Your daughter is so, so young to have it. I wonder if she'll learn to cope/adapt better at her young age.
Doda said:

Interesting, Struggling! My daughter has also some allergy, and her symptoms started after schools stress, .

The first time I spent more than a few hours in the hospital was when I had CIPD at age 75 (8 months ago)-- 5 days in hospital 3 weeks in rehab--1session with IVIG -- doing very well now arms and hands 100%, legs about 75%--doctors now say I probably had Acute IDP instead of Chronic IDP (hard to call something Chronic when it only happened once--hope I never slide over into the Chronic category!)

I'm 60 and had CIDP for 7years.

My son was diagnosed at a very early age (10) he is now 25 years old. He has had severe CIDP with two year long episodes of being paralyzed from the neck down. At his time he is stable with Prednisone, Cell Cept and IVIG 60grms every 3 weeks. He has regained much of his strength but continues to have extreme disability and deformity in his feet and hands due to the constant flare ups. He can now walk for long distances with AFO braces but running and jumping are out of the question and he has difficulty with stairs. He has the most amazing attitude of anyone I know and I am so proud of how he has handled all of this.