Is there a time of day when you are at your best/worst?

I know they say pain is worse at night, but mornings can be tough too once stiffness has been allowed to settle in. Is there a time of day that you feel you're at your best?

For me it's between 3 hours after getting up and 8-9pm. However if I've had a lot going on the day before - this goes out the window (sometimes for more than a day or so). I am lucky that my pain is tolerable, but fatigue and balance are my main problems.

It's hard to pick any certain time because leg cramps bother me most every night. which makes it hard to get moving in the morning. Sometimes I actually oversleep and then feel dragged all day. If I have a good morning I try to do as much as I can because my energy will not last too long. Fatigue and low energy are also a problem for me. We only do as much as we can manage and cant feel guilty about our limitations. I used to get so upset if I couldn't finish my house work, but it

doesn't bother me anymore.

Before I stretch in the morning I tend to stumble my way around the house on my way to do my morning routine, so I would have to say for that brief period of time it tends to be the worst for me. Other than that though I'd have to say I really only notice a major change when the weather is humid :/ then my joints get really stiff and my ankles don't want to move properly.

I personally have no time that I feel better. It all depends on the day. Sometimes it is 3:00 a.m.

Oh this all makes perfect sense to me! Chronic illness has so many commonalities! Seems there is always pain and fatigue!

Right now I'm trying to recover from house guests who were here for 6 days! It was my husband's best friend and wife. I feel good about doing it for him/them, but I'm just wiped out!

I was just going to say Martha have you tried taking magnesium at bedtime? Also tonic water relieves muscle cramps too.

Martha Carrier said:

It's hard to pick any certain time because leg cramps bother me most every night. which makes it hard to get moving in the morning. Sometimes I actually oversleep and then feel dragged all day. If I have a good morning I try to do as much as I can because my energy will not last too long. Fatigue and low energy are also a problem for me. We only do as much as we can manage and cant feel guilty about our limitations. I used to get so upset if I couldn't finish my house work, but it

doesn't bother me anymore.

Mornings...stiffness has to loosen which could take a while too!

It depends, f.ex. in the summer midday is terrible for me. Strong light accelerates pain and all kind of symptoms worsen. Best time is a few hours before going to try to sleep in the evening.

"Good days bad days", I always say. No two are ever the same, depending on what was done the day before, even can effect the next day, or just weather is many different effects I think.

Forgot to say "We need to learn to not do so much in a day to add to being fatigued" I tell my friend we can't do all the laundry, dishes etc. in one day a load here an the next another day do one or wait a few days. I am blessed hubby dose most of it, for me, vacuuming etc. this says it all to me http://www.squidoo.com/Disability-Related-Poetry#module49372012

Just The Way I Am

Doing time for no known crime
Has been difficult for me
It’s hard to live with chronic pain
That others cannot see

The thief that robbed my body
Stole my strength and left me pain
I do my very best to cope
I struggle to stay sane

I miss our get-togethers
I miss shopping at the mall
It hurts me to be left behind
It’s not my choice at all

I long for how it used to be
When I could join right in
To do the fun and simple things
With family and friends

You seldom call or visit
You’re tired of it, I guess
Of always asking, “Come along”
And never hearing, “Yes”

I ache to be with all of you
I wish I could explain
How doing ‘normal’ things in life
Can cause me so much pain

I’m trapped inside this body
With pain that has no end
I grieve for all the things I’ve lost
I’d like them back again

When I decline to join you
Please try to understand
It’s not that I don’t want to
It’s just the way I am

A poem by Janice De Vore-Robinson

What a great poem! Thanks for sharing that with us, Rita! I think we ALL can relate!

HM said:

It depends, f.ex. in the summer midday is terrible for me. Strong light accelerates pain and all kind of symptoms worsen. Best time is a few hours before going to try to sleep in the evening.

Never heard that strong light accelerates pain, that's why I don't feel good in the sun! I thought that sunshine did wonders...I need sunshine. Why though is this? I suffer in cold temperatures for sure...

That poem made me just weepy!!! It says it all. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, it summed it up for me too. Thank you for sharing.