New here

Hello all,

I have a few questions regarding my experience with all of this. A few days after treatment I started getting raised bumps on the tops of my finger and on my palms and finger tips are discolored dots some that have turned red over over night. I saw a doctor and they said it was nothing to worry about but I wanted to check in with all of you and see if any of you had experienced this?

Also I was wondering if you had any tips on how to live a normal life with this pain. My girlfriends birthday is tomorrow and I would love to be able to go out to dinner with her and our friends but im afraid I wont be able to sit long enough at the table before my feet start screaming in pain.

IM 30 years old and i feel like im falling apart. I know my case isn't as sever as others and im grateful for that. But it is tough to to watch my girlfriend stressed out because i haven't been able to work in over a month and I haven't been able to bring in any source of money and can not help around the house at all. I feel helpless and useless

Gbs stands for get better slowly! Go out for dinner and when u have to leave, u have to leave. I’ve had gbs since 2001 , I still have to pick and chose where I will use my energy.that being said, I am grateful, I am walking and talking. I am living a great life making some adjustments at times. Good kuck

How long ago did you come down with GBS

I have had gbs since April 26th. I actually ended up going and it went! However today I’m really hurting. But it was worth it to celebrate with my girlfriend.

Rest today resting is our best friend.

How are you, jpe?

JPE, I to have raise red spots look like pimples but nothing to pop hurt some have on back chest neck a couple on face also one in my lower insid eye lid. I saw my GI guy due to bowel issues and GBS and the fact that I was not put on antibiotics for my original infection that caused the GBS. HE informed me that they might be what are called Rose Spots many infections can cause them waiting to know if they are them. Thank you Dawn

Hi Jpe,
You are not useless or helpless just because you got GBS! You didn't ask for it. That you are fighting this and carrying on everyday is something to be proud of. Please don't let these negative thoughts in your head. I hope you recover very quickly.

They actually never really figured out what the issue was. They think it was a reaction to the IVIg treatment but really they didnt seem to know at all. But eventually the bumps and skin on my hands and feet hardened and peeled off leaving fresh baby like skin underneath. It was painful to peal the skin off so I had to just let it all flake off. But now its all pretty normal other then now i have no callouses ha.
Dawn Posner said:

JPE, I to have raise red spots look like pimples but nothing to pop hurt some have on back chest neck a couple on face also one in my lower insid eye lid. I saw my GI guy due to bowel issues and GBS and the fact that I was not put on antibiotics for my original infection that caused the GBS. HE informed me that they might be what are called Rose Spots many infections can cause them waiting to know if they are them. Thank you Dawn

JPE… I to think it may be due to the IVIG the started abouta week after the treatment I have two in my left eye. I see a dermatologist Thursday I an not sure. They look like bad pimples but are not they look like that on my neck Che’s and back not so bad. My Gi Dr. Said they can be rose spots from the initial GI infection THAT GAVE ME THE GBS. hope you symptoms of the GBS are better for me still so weak and so numb and pain of course but my diagnosis was only just about 3 months ago so I know there is still a long road ahead and I had flue they are thinking another round of IVIG I will see.
Be well, Dawn