No progress

Is it unusual to be in the hospital for a month, have three treatments and show no progress?

everyone’s symptoms and responses are different. I’m sure you are in the best place and wish you well in your treatment.

I do not think it is unusual to be in the hospital for a month. I was in the hospital for 45 days. Progress was quite slow - but I did come around after 10 plasmaphorisis treatments. Your relative is possibly getting some other type of treatment.

I have met several that have had GB - and they come through it just fine, in time. Patience is hard - but prayers and patience are the best medicine along with good medical care.

I will keep you & everyone in my prayers for recovery. Even though I only have mild GBS, I am finding the tiredness hard to deal with. I tried to stand on a chair and found out how weak my legs still are. The reflexes have not returned in my legs. Friends & family keep asking me, "You're better, now?"
I would say I am 30% better, but I am mostly in bed today & yesterday. I know I am very lucky and have to have faith & hope. God bless you all. Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms & Grandmoms

Some say GBS stands for “Getting Better Slowly”.

"Getting Better Slowly" Isn't that the truth.

Everyone is different in how they actually get GBS and how they recover. My sister was in the hospital for almost 2 months and 1 1/2 months in Tampa General Rehabilitation ctr......it has been said by doctors her GBS was very aggressive.....when first diagnosed they started with 2-IGIV and no progress so then she had 8-plasmaphorisis .....after each one we saw lil bits of progress. She will be coming home this Thursday and is refusing to leave in a wheelchair.....quite the trooper. Sweetheart, hang in there and keep your faith ..... YES patience and prayers!!!! Our thoughts, prayers and hearts are with you. Yes true "Getting better slowly" but you will get there. This site has been an incredible support for me and I found peace here. So its a good you are on here and asking questions.

mozart said:

Everyone is different in how they actually get GBS and how they recover. My sister was in the hospital for almost 2 months and 1 1/2 months in Tampa General Rehabilitation ctr......it has been said by doctors her GBS was very aggressive.....when first diagnosed they started with 2-IGIV and no progress so then she had 8-plasmaphorisis .....after each one we saw lil bits of progress. She will be coming home this Thursday and is refusing to leave in a wheelchair.....quite the trooper. Sweetheart, hang in there and keep your faith ..... YES patience and prayers!!!! Our thoughts, prayers and hearts are with you. Yes true "Getting better slowly" but you will get there. This site has been an incredible support for me and I found peace here. So its a good you are on here and asking questions.

We saw him yesterday and he seems to be improving a little. can move his right hand up a tiny bit--nothing in the legs. he has had two plasma treatments and maybe one more before he goes to rehab. then they figure one each week til whenever. his spirits are good.

Is he in ICU?

he is in CCU (critical care) . thankfully it has not spread to his lungs. Hope it won't. Seems to have stopped around his waist and lower back at this time. Of course his arms and hands are affected.