Out of the Mouth of Babes - Great Video!

A 15 year old girl developed Meningitis from IVIG treatments. Her Mother made this video today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqFfRiyW07I

Being in the hospital is no fun for sure but it also is a very different world than what we are used to in our everyday lives. You pretty much are at the mercy to all these people from the person who comes in in the middle of the night to mop the floors to the doctors as you said come in at 6 am and wake you up to talk to you and or examine you. Unfortunately as I said, we are at their mercy. They are there to help us believe it or not. When you are sick enough to be in the hospital, you must learn to give in somewhat to the inconveniences while you are there. Again, they are there to try and help you. You would not be there if you didn’t need them ! My advice is try your best to understand this and try you best to understand and work with them rather than against them. Jim :wink:

When I was in the hospital the nurse told me "your not in here to get rest,your in here to get better"O how true that statement was.I liked the video and I can relate to the way she thinks.

On one occasion when I was in the hospital for several days, they would wake me in the middle of every night to weigh me! I am a light sleeper anyway, and really don't sleep well in a hospital setting, so this really wrecked my rest. I can understand why some things need to be done in the night, but getting a weight?

Hey, I think this video has many good points. My interest is also on the "meningitis from IVIG" do we have info about that?

Uncle Bill said:

On one occasion when I was in the hospital for several days, they would wake me in the middle of every night to weigh me! I am a light sleeper anyway, and really don't sleep well in a hospital setting, so this really wrecked my rest. I can understand why some things need to be done in the night, but getting a weight?