Perforated Septum

Just wondering if anyone in this group has been diagnosed with having a perforated septum? For years I dealt with sinusitus and on my last visit to see my ENT doctor, upon looking into my left nostril, said, "Do you know that you have a perforated septum?" My first thought was, what in the world is she talking about?, needless to say it shocked me to say the least. My next thought was, isn't that what drug users get from doing to much dope..., any how I would like to hear if you might be dealing with this and also for the last few days my eyes having started burning..., well I've rambled on once again, so, Thanks for listening......

Roy...

Wow, amazing what you can learn at the ENT. I have chronic sinusitis, too, and found out from my ENT that my nose had been broken at one time, possibly at birth -- never knew it, but there is a big crack showing on the xray. So, is the perforated septum to be "fixed"? or left alone?

Hi dancermom,

In reply to your question "So, is the perforated septum to be "fixed"? or left alone?" My ENT doctor feels there's no need to do anything at this time. Thanks for asking...

yep, was dx'd wth that several years ago and eventually had it fixed surgically. This was years before CIDP. ENT thought it was from combo of trauma and nasal steroid use.