Quinine

Years ago my mother used to drink Quinine water for leg cramps. Fast forward to about 4 years ago, I tried to "find" quinine water and found out it was taken off the market due to side effects. My doctor recommended Gaterade, and it worked. I still use it today!

Quanine is in doses in tonic water (whatever amount has been approved in the US).I have heard of drinking tonic water to help but have not tried it yet.

I would get terrible charlie horse cramps in my calves following IVig therapy. My neurologist recommended Tonic water with Quinine in it. He recommended drinking 8 oz at dinner and another 8 oz at bedtime and the cramps have disappeared. Hope this helps

Thanks Lisa, the same was recommended - I've tried for two weeks and have same result as you - wonderful relief !

Lisa Jakee Hilton said:

I would get terrible charlie horse cramps in my calves following IVig therapy. My neurologist recommended Tonic water with Quinine in it. He recommended drinking 8 oz at dinner and another 8 oz at bedtime and the cramps have disappeared. Hope this helps