Quitting Smoking

I have had an odd thing happen when I quit smoking. I'm tired now but all of a sudden I couldn't stay awake. I always had just 3 cups of coffee in the morning with my cigarettes and then smoked pretty much the rest of the day.

It wasn't so hard to quit. I guess I really wanted to. I was using the nicotine patch. But I would get up and then go lay down watch tv and be out the rest of the day until dinner. Eat start to watch tv and be out again and then wake up and just go on to bed for the rest of the night.

Someone told me I was trying to do to much all at once but I want to try to be more healthier, but it's hard when your just sleeping all the time. So just to see if that was it, I went and bought some cigarettes , went back to my 3 cups of coffee and can now at least manage to stay wake most the day.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Nicotene is a strong stimulant. If you've removed that, your energy levels are going to drop, initially. But, as your body adapts, you should notice your body returning to normal. The benefits of quitting MUCH outweigh the initial loss of energy.

Hope this helps!

Yes, I guess I need to go back and stick with it. Like I said, it wasn't so hard, I was just sleeping all the time and I know the benefits will be much better. Thanks for answering!

Better to sleep than to smoke

Well I started back on the patch today and maybe I'll be back in hibernation but at least I won't be smoking! I agree mama bear!