Searching for a place of comfort and ease

I'm like the old dog going in circles, in search of a place to lie down and be at ease, but it seems that no matter how or where I sit, lie, stand, or walk, there is dis-ease, discomfort, distress, and dysfunction.

Where is your place of comfort and ease?

On my backporch at sunset while meditating or sunrise when on vacation while enjoying a cup of coffee doing some journaling.

Holding my grand baby, Novalee, rocking her in my Mom's rocking chair, singing Grandpa, (tell me 'bout the good'ol days). Or sitting on the porch watching my hummingbirds and thinking of my Mom and Dad (RIP).

Hi DeMel,

Sounds like a good spot to me! Our patio door and side deck face the west, and we are fortunate to watch some great sunsets.

Novalee, what a very pretty name, not sure I've ever heard it before!

I can remember my grandmother rocking my niece, nephews and grand kids singing 'Bayou Baby". Not sure where the song originates, but we are from MD where it meets PA, VA, and WV. Upon looking up the term bayou, I see it's a body of water in a flat, low lying area, so guess it doesn't have to be LA after all!

SK said:

I can remember my grandmother rocking my niece, nephews and grand kids singing 'Bayou Baby". Not sure where the song originates, but we are from MD where it meets PA, VA, and WV. Upon looking up the term bayou, I see it's a body of water in a flat, low lying area, so guess it doesn't have to be LA after all!

CM said:

Bayou country is in Louisiana and some of the southern states; My maternal grandmother was from Oklahoma as she was Cherokee Indian, but they lived and raised their children mostly in Louisiana as my maternal grandfather was raised there. I love the songs from the area a little blues and a little melancholy; Linda Rostandt "Blue Bayou" is one I Like to sing.

SK said:

Bayou country is in Louisiana and some of the southern states; My maternal grandmother was from Oklahoma as she was Cherokee Indian, but they lived and raised their children mostly in Louisiana as my maternal grandfather was raised there. I love the songs from the area a little blues and a little melancholy; Linda Rostandt "Blue Bayou" is one I Like to sing.

Oh can she sing that song! What a voice she used to have, I read recently that she has lost her voice to Parkinson's Disease.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/linda-ronstadt-coping-with-parkinsons-reflecting-on-life-in-memoir-simple-dreams/2013/09/23/a17da796-244e-11e3-ad0d-b7c8d2a594b9_story.html

My husband met her in Vietnam, when she did a USO show, and he arranged a dressing room for her, and has had a special place in his heart for her ever since.

OMG I had not known that !!! So many face struggles and changes; I believe whether famous or just average we all need to realize that disability knows no boundaries but we are all in this human struggle together! It is something that can be life changing on any given day!

A tribute is an awesome thing and what an experience your hubby had to want to set up a room for her! Bless him for being so thoughtful to dedicate a room to her.

You are so right, chronic illness and disabilities have no boundaries. I also just read that the Capt of Capt and Tennille has Parkinson's. They had to divorce for him to get better insurance coverage, but still live together! The things we have to do!