Tell us Five Interesting Things about You

We are more than just patients -- we are people. To get to know you better, I would like to hear five interesting things about you. I'll start:

1. I pierced my nose in college. (I let it close up later.)

2. I am left handed.

3. I was born in Los Angeles.

4. I won't eat bananas.

5. I have three cats.

How about you? Show me your uniqueness. :)

1. I was born in Minnesota, but have lived in different parts of the country.

2. favorite place I lived was Nashville

3. I like to make beaded jewelry.

4. I don't like tattoos (I don't judge or dislike those who do)

5. I would like to learn how to paint

I have lived in different part of the country, too, braylin's gramma -- five different states, actually. :) I don't know that I have a favorite. And, I am not a big fan of tattoos, either. The nose pierce at least was reversible.

1. I married at age 17. Didn't have my first child till age 21. Been married 40+ yrs to the only man I ever went on a date with.

2. Had second child at age 35 yrs and third at 8 days shy of my 37th birthday.I had childbirth at home with my last two children and my husband delivered one with assistance of a midwife and the youngest one he delivered alone b/c I was having labor in my sleep and when I woke, was only time to get him there. (good thing my two younger ones were 22 months apart and he still remembered what to do. Our midwife got there 30 min. after he'd cut the chord.

3. I sing publicly for respiratory therapy and to eliminate depression. (CMT)

4.I hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back in 12 hrs. with no water or food taken with us. Lost both "big toe"nails from the impact into the shoes and had leg cramps so bad I had to crawl the stairs to our motel room that night. This was before I knew I had CMT. "Where Fools dare" LOL

5.My son was a miracle birth and thought to be the surviving twin of a miscarriage.

Wow, Cm, your post is really interesting. I feel like I know so much more about you now. Great stories.

Dancermom

I like that you clarified your piercing! LOL Many of us do things when we are young and then decide later wasn't what we really wanted.

Why I did not sign for my oldest daughter to marry at age 17. She married on her 18th birthday without my approval ( just wanted her to give the relationship more time) But, exactly two years later got divorced b/c her and her fellow were not compatible (at the time) He grew up and she later wanted to go back to him. Too much water under the bridge by then :/

WHY not eat bananas? Will you not eat anything with bananas, like banana pudding, banana bread etc.? Banana nut ice cream is one of my homemade specialties!

Los Angeles born City of Angels you must be a "LOve"! <3

Thank you for your kind comment! I'm loving getting to know more of you; I think we have a great moderator and sparks some good topics!

Perhaps if the bananas were well concealed in the recipe, or smothered in chocolate, or mashed and frozen, then maybe. Food aversions are a funny thing. They must be partly genetic, too, as my son shudders at bananas as well. :)

CM said:

Dancermom

I like that you clarified your piercing! LOL Many of us do things when we are young and then decide later wasn't what we really wanted.

Why I did not sign for my oldest daughter to marry at age 17. She married on her 18th birthday without my approval ( just wanted her to give the relationship more time) But, exactly two years later got divorced b/c her and her fellow were not compatible (at the time) He grew up and she later wanted to go back to him. Too much water under the bridge by then :/

WHY not eat bananas? Will you not eat anything with bananas, like banana pudding, banana bread etc.? Banana nut ice cream is one of my homemade specialties!

Los Angeles born City of Angels you must be a "LOve"! <3

LOL my youngest daughter gags if you get them anywhere near her (smell and textures) from a very young child; most babies eat mashed bananas or apple sauce as one of the first foods but not this child LOL

When I was still working, I bought a beautiful burgandy hat and gloves with matching fur (feaux fur), when I walked in wearing it for the first time, one of the guys complimented me, and told me I looked just like Hedda Hopper! LOL! I know seems out of the blue, but my mom and I were talking about this earlier today! We had a good laugh!

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+hedda+hopper&oq=pictures+of+hedda+hopper&aqs=chrome..69i57.6460j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

My hair is naturally black, and I wore it natural until the grey was out of control! The first time I colored it, I bought jet black,and looked like the wicked witch! I quickly learned that you need to go lighter as you get older!

I love home decor, textiles, sheets, curtains, tapestries, table linens, furniture, lamps, dishes, paintings, prints, rugs...

I don't have any tattoos, never found anything I wanted to live with every day of my life!

My husband bought me a beautiful long black wool dress coat a couple of years ago, and I have yet to wear it. I am going to dress up and wear it this winter! I promise!

BTW, my 4 year old grandson does NOT like jelly, jello, or pudding, because it 'moves'! First kid I have ever known that did not like jelly!

I’m with your grandson. I would never eat any of that stuff growing up, either. :slight_smile:

1) am canadian

2)love a double double

3) not about me but people that are suffering go outta there way to aknowledge others #selfless acts rock.

4)i am a big baby

5)i find most people here heros i am having a hard time dealing i will try but am having no luck being anybody but mad

Hi, bruce, :) A double double -- is that coffee, with milk and sugar? I'm a latte gal, myself. That's very kind of you about no. 3. We have a lot of terrific people here, don't we? I don't blame you for being mad -- this is so new for you, and it is tough to come to terms with it. You can post a discussion asking how our other members reached acceptance. It might help.

You lost me on the double double! Maybe this is a Canadian thing?

Liver, that was the bane of my existence as a kid, being made to eat liver!

Bruce2u

Nice to meet you! Thanks for sharing!

RE: 5.We all go through those feelings at times; I went through the whole gambit of feeling angry, feeling sad, afraid and even denial! Various times of new loss or change in my condition, I revisit those same feelings! Allow yourself to feel it! There are no "right or wrong" feelings, it is what you do with the feelings that makes it good or bad!

Acceptance takes time and comes in stages and steps; When I have another loss with my ability I go through those things again; If you reflect, it is a "death" and you need time to grieve. . . but the difference is there is no closure, it reoccurs depending on the progress and changes in your progression.

Bruce2U

RE:3

This can be one way of the persons to deal with their feelings, and reaching out to another helps them put in prospective their own problem. I find if I'm hurting it sometimes helps to find someone who needs help, then it gives me a feeling of worth to reach out and see what I can do to make things better for them! It will lift your spirits, it helps you realize you are not alone, even if their problem isn't the same it helps to relate to others. Selfless acts can actually be to nurture the self in some ways but it is a healthier way possibly not to be so "selfish" LOL

A book and movie that was a fantastic healer for me "Tuesdays with Morrie".

SK....that is so interesting about your grandson! I will think of him when I am around food that moves LOL.

Bruce2u......I can relate to the being mad and being a big baby. Some days I can pout better than my 4 year old grandson. I am in Northern Minnesota and winter is fast approaching which makes me madder because then I am stuck inside more. (POUT)

1. I pole vaulted 13'9" in 1959 landing in sand

2. I could dunk the basketball using my CMT foot (before I knew it was affected), my left foot was my "take off foot" for pole vaulting and jumping.

3. I am left handed but only for writing and eating, everything else, tennis, gold, etc right handed.

4. I served in the Army (Vietnam 1966-1967), have a photo that makes my left foot in a boot look like my right foot.

5. I once played with the band "The Ventures" at the Whiteland Barn (Indiana) in 1964, their rhythm guitar player was sick and they had me sit in...they were my idols, what a thrill for me.