Use of C-PAP for severe Sleep Apnea

Just wondering if there are any other members who have to you a C-PAP machine? I've been using one for the past 23years and can't even take a nap without using it. I had an experience today that's a first for me and would like to share it.

I was taking a nap and suddenly noticed I awoke feeling as though I couldn't get enough air and my heart seemed to be beating faster than normal. I immediately took my blood pressure with my LifeSource digital blood pressure monitor that the VA gave me. I was suddenly shocked to see that my blood pressure which is normally around 130/82 with a pulse of around 70 was instead down to 109/68 with a pulse of 75. Perhaps one of you might have knowledge of what I just experienced, if so I would appreciate you sharing it with me...

Thanks for listening...

Roy...

Roy, I have used a CPAP for 9-10 years. I find that I don’t sleep well without it, not even a nap is as rejuvenating. You probably know all about maintenance of your machine, but my guess is that it is somehow not up to the job. Either the mask, filter or tubing are not working or sealing properly or the machine itself is acting up. Your provider can bench test it to see if there is anything wrong. I did have a machine that failed to hold proper pressure while still under warranty. If the machine and all the other parts pass inspection, then maybe your body is going through some change. It certainly something to get answers about. Good luck and please let us know what you find.

I have used mine for 8 years, and have had one adjustment up in pressure, and I get new tubing and mask every 6 months. My normal blood pressure is the 109/70 and within a min of laying down my pulse drops into the low to mid 50's.

But I think that I would agree with Capt Mike, possibly something as simple as even a brief power surge that interrupted your CPAP. Mine automatically comes on when it senses me breathing. But have it checked.

Thanks bteeter and Capt001Mike for your replies...I will take my machine to have it checked...

Roy...

I've been using a CPAP for about 7 years. During testing I was shown how my blood oxygen would drop without it. I would feel out of breath. It sounds like you might have leaking mask or hose. Or you might need to adjust your pressure