Vestibular Problems

Has anyone had vestibular problems? I am still suffering from a reflare of symptoms following a resolved sinus infection in February 2015. For about 3 weeks, I have been having vestibular ocular trouble affecting my vision, hearing briefly and balance. Still fighting through this thing. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Tarhealing,

Are you sure you do not have an inner ear infection? That can really affect balance & vision.

Hi Rosemarie kaupp,

I don't have an inner ear infection but recent labs show a low vitamin D level and low blood glucose level. They started me on vitamin D and I got a blood glucose monitor.

Tarhealing said:

Hi Rosemarie kaupp,

I don't have an inner ear infection but recent labs show a low vitamin D level and low blood glucose level. They started me on vitamin D and I got a blood glucose monitor.

I am glad you are making some progress. I believe Vitamin D is important to heal with GBS. Low blood sugar can cause lots of symptoms so good to stay on top of that. All the best.

I am low on vit D but in my studies, GBS effects every nerve exiting the Central nervous sustem Are u aware that the cranial nerve exits the brain? Study it. Its reaponsible for the nerves that innervate the mo ement of the three tiny ear bones in the ear canal responsible for hearing (why my hearing has become muted. Its responsible for in ervating the eye muscles, for other things in the face/ head.

Can these nerves recover if they aren't damaged too badly?